This AUP governs the use of x10Hosting's free hosting, paid
hosting, and VPS services. Violation of this AUP may result in suspension or termination of your
service. In the event of a dispute between you and x10Hosting regarding the interpretation of this AUP,
x10Hosting's interpretation, in its reasonable commercial judgment, shall govern. If you have any
questions regarding this AUP, contact email@example.com.
You may not publish or transmit via x10Hosting's free web hosting service any content that
x10Hosting reasonably believes:
- Constitutes child pornography; or
- Constitutes pornography; or
- Is excessively violent, incites violence, threatens violence, or contains harassing
content or hate speech; or
- Is unfair or deceptive under the consumer protection laws of any jurisdiction, including
chain letters and pyramid schemes; or
- Is defamatory or violates a person's privacy; or
- Creates a risk to a person's safety or health, creates a risk to public safety or
health, compromises national security, or interferes with an investigation by law
- Improperly exposes trade secrets or other confidential or proprietary information of
another person; or
- Is intended to assist others in defeating technical copyright protections; or
- Clearly infringes on another person's trade or service mark, patent, or other property
- Promotes illegal drugs, violates export control laws, relates to illegal gambling, or
illegal arms trafficking; or
- Is otherwise illegal or solicits conduct that is illegal under laws applicable to you or
to x10Hosting; or
- Is otherwise malicious, fraudulent, or may result in retaliation against x10Hosting by
Content published or transmitted via x10Hosting's service includes web content, e-mail, bulletin
board postings, chat, and any other type of posting or transmission that relies on any internet
service provided by x10Hosting.
It is the responsibility of the client to take reasonable security precautions in protecting
their login information to their services and the x10Hosting billing area. It is always the
client's responsibilty to ensure security of their website or VPS service, x10Hosting is not
responsible for compromised scripts or servers.
Bulk Commercial E-Mail
You must obtain x10Hosting's advance approval for any bulk commercial e-mail, which will not be
given unless you are able to demonstrate all of the following to x10Hosting's reasonable
- Your intended recipients have given their consent to receive e-mail via some affirmative
means, such as an opt-in procedure;
- Your procedures for soliciting consent include reasonable means to ensure that the
person giving consent is the owner of the e-mail address for which the consent is given;
- You retain evidence of the recipient's consent in a form that may be promptly produced
on request, and you honor recipient's and x10Hosting's requests to produce consent
evidence within 72 hours of receipt of the request.
- The body of the e-mail must describe how the e-mail address was obtained, for example,
"You opted in to receive this e-mail promotion from our Web site or from one of our
partner sites? and information on how to request evidence of the consent, for example,
"If you would like to learn more about how we received your e-mail address please
contact us at abuse@**yourdomain.com**".
- You have procedures in place that allow a recipient to easily revoke their consent -
such as a link in the body of the e-mail, or instructions to reply with the word
"Remove" in the subject line. Revocations of consent are honored within 72 hours, and
you notify recipients that their revocation of their consent will be honored in 72
- You have the means to track anonymous complaints;
- You may not obscure the source of your e-mail in any manner. Your e-mail must include
the recipients e-mail address in the body of the message or in the "TO:" line of the
- You otherwise comply with the CAN SPAM Act and other applicable law.
These policies apply to messages sent using your x10Hosting service, or to messages sent from any
network by you or any person on your behalf that directly or indirectly refer the recipient to a
site hosted via your x10Hosting service. In addition, you may not use a third party e-mail
service that does not practice similar procedures for all its customers.
x10Hosting may test and otherwise monitor your compliance with its requirements, including
requesting opt-in information from a random sample of your list at any time.
You may not send any unsolicited e-mail, either in bulk or individually, to any person who has
indicated that they do not wish to receive it.
Material Protected by Copyright
You may not publish, distribute, or otherwise copy in any manner any music, software, art, or
other work protected by copyright law unless:
- you have been expressly authorized by the owner of the copyright for the work to copy
the work in that manner;
- you are otherwise permitted by established United States copyright law to copy the work
in that manner.
x10Hosting free web hosting users who violate the Terms of Service or Acceptable Use Policy will
have their account removed. x10Premium hosting users will be informed of the violation before
action is taken under most circumstances, but in severe cases accounts may be immediately taken
offline. The determination of severity is at the full discretion of x10Hosting management.
Copyright Infringement Notice (Digital Millenium Copyright Act)
If you believe your copyright is being infringed by a person using the x10Hosting network, please
send your written notice of copyright infringement to:
PO Box 783
Tilton, NH 03276,
United States of America
Your notice must include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner
of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; and
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple
copyrighted words at a single site are covered by a single notification, a
representative list of such works at that site; and
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of
infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and
information reasonably sufficient to permit x10Hosting to locate the material; and
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit x10Hosting to contact you, such as an
address, telephone number, and, if available, an e-mail address; and
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner
complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, the copyright owner's agent, or
the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of
perjury that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that
is allegedly infringed.
You must have valid and current information on file with your domain name registrar for any
domain hosted on the x10Hosting network.
You may not engage in illegal, abusive, or irresponsible behavior, including:
- Unauthorized access to or use of data, systems or networks, including any attempt to
probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or
authentication measures (including those belonging to x10Hosting and its customers)
without express authorization of the owner of the system or network; or
- monitoring data or traffic on any network or system without the authorization of the
owner of the system or network; or
- Interference with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation,
mail bombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks;
- Use of an Internet account or computer without the owner's authorization, including, but
not limited to Internet scanning (tricking other people into releasing their passwords),
password robbery, security hole scanning, and port scanning; or
- Forging of any TCP-IP packet header or any part of the header information in an e-mail
or a newsgroup posting; or
- Any conduct that is likely to result in retaliation against the x10Hosting's network.
- Use of x10Hosting's network in a way that unreasonably interferes with x10Hosting's
other customers use of the network
Newsgroup, Chat Forums, Other Networks
You must comply with the rules and conventions for postings to any bulletin board, chat group or
other forum in which you participate, such as IRC and USENET groups including their rules for
content and commercial postings. These groups usually prohibit the posting of off-topic
commercial messages, or mass postings to multiple forums.
x10Hosting is under no duty, and does not by this AUP undertake a duty, to monitor or police our
customers' activities and disclaims any responsibility for any misuse of the x10Hosting network.
Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org